Digital Forensics & Incident Response (DFIR)
B&V Pathway Forensics DBA Pathway Forensics is a computer forensics, cybersecurity and electronic discovery service provider. Pathway Forensics’ team of experts has extensive experience in digital forensics acquisition and analysis as well as large-scale enterprise collection and processing for electronic discovery matters. Our firm offers practical, cost-effective solutions as well as the latest services and technology in the industry. Typical cases handled by the firm involve business and employment disputes, compliance and discovery requests in litigation and government investigations, and fraud and criminal investigations for clients including Fortune 500 corporations, law firms and private companies.
The Senior Consultant in our Cybersecurity practice will be part of a highly skilled and performance driven team of digital security experts, dedicated to providing unparalleled services to some of the world’s top industrial and business organizations. In this role you will be a valued as a critical element of the firm’s Cybersecurity team and seen as a subject matter expert responsible for the rapid investigation, containment and remediation of threats found in a digital environment.
- Provide incident response investigation and remediation services to clients focused on identification, containment and eradication of identified threats and malicious activity.
- Collect, preserve and analyze digital evidence from electronic data sources, including laptops, desktops, servers and mobile devices.
- Investigate data breaches by leveraging industry standard tools and methodologies.
- Perform advanced hunting activities to locate potential unidentified threats to the client systems and overall digital environment.
- Create comprehensive and accurate reports on findings that can easily be understood by both technical personnel and executive level leaders
- Develop additional tools, scripts and investigative methodologies that enhance current security services
- Perform threat intelligence-based research to understand and identify new exploits and vulnerabilities
- Assist with initial engagement scoping and planning along with remediation recommendations.
- Leadership and mentoring of less experienced analysts and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in incident response, data breach investigation and digital forensics
- Experience with DFIR tools such as; EnCase, AXIOM, Redline, Volatility and SIFT Workstation
- Programming and scripting experience with Perl, Python and/or PowerShell preferred.
- Deep understanding of networking concepts, architecture and protocols
- Strong skillset in the review and analysis of system logs from multiple sources, such as firewall, web, databases to determine source of malicious activity.
- Mastery of Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix operating systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization and external clients.
- Practical experience with SIEM tools as it relates to searching, reporting and use case development, is highly preferred.
- Experience with specialized security solutions such as Fire Eye, Rapid7, Carbon Black and Crowdstrike a plus.
- Reverse malware engineering experience is desirable
- SCADA system and application experience a plus
Preferred Certifications & Qualifications
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)